This was Birch Bay: Ice Cream, chowder, crabs, clams, kites and more kites, seaguls, bubbles and rocks. I'm just sad that I didn't get more pictures. I was too busy living the moment to record it.
Just as everyone reeled in their kites, and we were walking up the beach, Elyse yelled, "Mom, look what Kian found!" I went over there and peered into the few-inch deep tide pool only to see dead crabs. Then I looked more closely, and noticed the water was alive with quick little hermit crabs scuttling across the rocks. I called the other kids over, and that started a whole new form of entertainment. Coulson and Aiden caught hermit crabs; Evie caught dead crabs; Kian threw rocks; and we all tried to avoid getting splashed by them. It was awesome!
On our way out of town, we drove along the bay. Evie and Elyse were imagining what it would be like to live in the houses we were passing--how they would spend every day flying kites and catching crabs. Just as we were leaving for home, a bald eagle flew right above my window. It was truly majestic.
And when I found my bag untouched with my CAMERA in it that I had left in the women's bathroom, I really fell in love with the place! Whew! The kids were asleep by the time we got home. --All except for Kian of course. And the house was clean, because I made everyone tidy before we left. Can I just say that I'm SO glad that I didn't take the path of least resistance today?
Home Sweet Home!
9 comments:
I'm homesick already and I'm only 1 day into my trip! :)
Thanks for these posts, they are like postcards from home. Nothing makes me feel better when I'm away than to know you are having fun.
This is so cool! What an awesome family memory!
Thanks for sharing. It was like we got to go along with you, too. Hope Spencer is having a marvelous time, too. Where is he anyway?
Thanks for your comments. Spence is in Tokyo right now, but will be flying to Beijing soon. He'll be home on Friday!
What a fun day. I've got to try the cleaning up before I leave approach. Coming home to a clean house sounds lovely. Give your kids a squeeze for me.
I was just debating taking my kids to the byu baseball game by myself since Than's out of town. Maybe I'll just do it!
Hey--tell angie to invite me to her blog!
I love moments like those. Simply recording the moment (even without pictures) makes them live forever! Maybe next time I'll follow your example and go for the resistence!
What a neat place to visit. Sounds like a dream. I want to go!!
I love it there!
So glad you are enjoying those wonderful moments with your cute kiddos!
Post a Comment