I know that it's a month later, but it needs its own post as well. We had a FABULOUS Thanksgiving. While I missed all of our loved ones, we filled our home with others who couldn't be with their families, and we had a great time! Liz's friends who were doing study abroad in London flew into Prague on Wed. and they toured and helped me cook, and we did Thanksgiving on Saturday (since it isn't a national holiday here). Here are some highlights:
Turkey Parade Poster
 |
Our littlest "turkey" in the parade. She was a group effort: I held her while Kian painted her foot; Elyse painted her turkey's eyes and her name; Evie painted her turkey’s beak and wobble; I painted the legs; and Liz photographed.
|
 |
| We are all standing by "our" turkey (except for Wynne, of course), and the chairs are all crazy because we had just finished a bunch of games. People were leaving, so we needed a quick shot. |
 |
| Is this some kind of mud spa treatment? I laughed at how Spence giggled at this. He can't stand to have his feet tickled. |
 |
| Elyse was happy to help any way she could! |
Turkey Bowl
 |
| Tough . . .guys? |
 |
Becca, Meegan, Jani, Coulson, Spence, Aiden and Lauren (Liz's friends from study abroad). I love the picture with St. Vitus peeking over the trees! What a beautiful shot. This was right before they cleaned the church and helped me with dinner. What great girls!
|
 |
| My Boys (minus Kiko) |
The Dinner
 |
| Me, Jane, and the bird. This was Jane’s first Thanksgiving. They don't celebrate it in Kazakhstan for some reason. |
 |
The Table—you can’t see here, but I was able to find the turkey, yams, ingredients for stuffing, homemade rolls, gravy, everything!
|
The Pie
 |
Forget the "traditional pie," Kian goes for the chocolate cream. You're my kinda man, Kiko. |
 |
The Pie. I found canned pumpkin, but had to do an oil crust—should have done butter, but it was still good. Michael also came for Pie. (not in picture)
|
I think that’s it! More to come on Christmas--but not until Valentines day. ;-)
1 comment:
What a treasured memory you have made for your family...and a bunch of students as well. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment