Jet lag, medically referred to as "desynchronosis," is a physiological condition which is a consequence of alterations to circadian rhythms; it is classified as one of the circadian rhythm sleep disorders.
When traveling across a number of time zones, the body clock will be out of synchronization with the destination time, as it experiences daylight and darkness contrary to the rhythms to which it has grown accustomed:

the body's natural pattern is upset, as the rhythms that dictate times for eating, sleeping, hormone regulation and body temperature variations no longer correspond to the environment nor to each other in some cases.

The condition of jet lag may last many days, and recovery rates of 1 day per eastward time zone or 1 day per 1.5 westward time zones are mentioned as fair guidelines.

To the degree that the body cannot immediately realign these rhythms, it is jet lagged.
Poor Kiko.
the body's natural pattern is upset, as the rhythms that dictate times for eating, sleeping, hormone regulation and body temperature variations no longer correspond to the environment nor to each other in some cases.
The condition of jet lag may last many days, and recovery rates of 1 day per eastward time zone or 1 day per 1.5 westward time zones are mentioned as fair guidelines.
To the degree that the body cannot immediately realign these rhythms, it is jet lagged.
5 comments:
AWESOME! What a great post! Loved all the pictures.
I thought that was really funny and I love it
-Evie
It's really neat how you used Wikipedia's words to describe our predicament. HILLARIOUS!
Love it! And I hope you wake up soon!
I laughed. I cried. I wished I were there. After we moved to Beijing the kids would get up at 3AM for weeks. Sid and I would put on a movie for them and go back to bed. Their transition back to the US was much easier, but I long for international living. Oh the adventures you will continue to have. You guys are awesome! Enjoy!
Post a Comment