Thursday
My last day in Prague: I will admit that I was tempted to stay in my room and write all day. I got up and got ready, had breakfast, and then came back to do scripture study in my room. I couldn't keep my eyes open, so I slept until noon. It was heavenly! And then I debated about whether or not to venture out again, but alas it was my last day! I had a full 13 hours of flying time to write and sleep, but when would I be in Prague again? Carpe Dium, right? So, I hate to admit it, but I had to get something quick for lunch, so I went to McDonalds right down the street. The Big and Tasty was big and tasty, but very different from the American burger. Not only did the meat taste different, the sauce and the cheese were different too. So, I didn't really have a big and tasty, and it is all justified.
After that, I caught the metro to the old town, and set off to find Praha Bike shop. There was something appealing about taking a bike tour around Prague, and I had about 45 minutes before it began. I had an address and a map, so I felt pretty confident about finding the shop. The problem is that there are blue numbers and red numbers on every building, and I didn't discover until I had walked far too far, once again, that the addresses are the blue numbers. I would find out later that the red numbers are historical numbers that represent the building. Also, someone stole the bike shop's outside sign (which was what I was looking for), so it really wasn't my fault that I missed it. Once I figured out that the shop was in a courtyard of sorts, and I went inside to find it, I was good to go. I got a cute little mountain bike with a basket on the back for my purse, and away we went.
There were also 3 cute, American girls there who were studying in Spain and two men from Lithuania. Our tour guide was born outside of Venice, looked Italian, and spoke with a crazy Italian/Czech accent, and was really nice. I took pictures of everything that we saw that was worth mentioning. So, see the pictures for more on that adventure. Let's just say that I'm SO glad I did not stay in the hotel. It was great!
I got back to the hotel about half an hour before Spence, and we met Michael, Lucy, and Andreas in the lobby where we took off for our evening out. But, regretfully, we couldn't leave without some drama from yours truly. By the time we had made the 5-10 minute walk to the metro station, I realized that I didn't have my coin purse with me. After yesterday's adventure, images of it falling out of my coat pocket and onto the street filled my mind. I couldn't relax. So, even though Spence wanted me to just let it go, he ran all the way back to our hotel room to look for it—where it was sitting on the desk. Uggg! What a pain! So, after stressing us all out and making us late, we took the metro and then a tram to a bowling alley on the far north side of Prague.
There we met the rest of the team. They weren't really very social with me, and I was feeling a little shy, so I didn't talk much with them, but I had a record bowling night—the worst bowling I have EVER done in my life, a 32 on the first game and a 41 on the second. One really bad game a long time ago I got a 42, so there you have it. I bowled worse than I ever have in my life in front of an alley of complete strangers. Oh well. I did get one strike though—when Spence was chatting and so we were taking turns bowling for him. He had great games, and the bowling alley had GREAT food. So, no complaints here. I was just happy to go home.
No comments:
Post a Comment